Saturday, January 3, 2009

1st Blog!

Thank you to Phil Egan for kindly making this blog possible!

As you all know, Mary is currently battling Pancreatic cancer. It has spread to her liver, and her liver is starting to shut down. She really does not have any pain at the moment. She's staying strong and still is able to find the humor in things.

"When I lose my sense of humor, that's when you need to start worrying."-Mary.

As a family, this is tough news to handle, but we are all hanging in there and staying strong for her and for each other.

We cannot thank you all enough for all that you have done for our family. Meals, prayers, and just being great friends. You are all so amazing, and we are so fortunate to have you all in our lives!

On her good days, she may be up for vistiors, but please call first. It takes her awhile to get to the phone as well.

I(Nicole) will be working out my work schedule to where I will be home a few days during the week if anything needs to be done or if anyone would want to stop by the house.

We met with Hospice today, and the meeting went well. The ladies were very informative and very sweet. Right now, they'll just be sending a nurse out to just check her vitals and whatever else she may need.

I just ask of everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!!

I'll update as much as possible!

-Nicole

If for some reason, someone needs to contact me:
Cell: 708-745-0617
E-Mail: xnemesis21x@comcast.net

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blog to keep all of us that live out of town, up to date. hugs and kisses to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lose your sense of humor....Hmmmmmmm,hell you would make me run long before that would happen..I know better than to stick around to see the end result of that.
    OX from yer fav.Bro In-law...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sward moms are being notified tonight about this blog by an email that I sent out. I hope they are computer literate enough to figure out how to post. That is not a put-down, just a commentary on my own skills.

    I'm hoping you can get some meals delivered this week. Cathy Veen has already offered to bring the fixings for tacos on Wednesday and will be contacting Nicole about the time for delivery.

    I hope Mary, Ron, Amy and Nicole know how much we care about you and love you. Let us know what else you want or need to make things easier for you. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am putting your mom in my prayers. There is nothing she can't do because she has such wonderful daughters who will kick ass.. And those tacos are making me hungry!!! LOL! And i expect upside down pinapple cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that everyone will do whatever they can to help Ron, Mary, Nicole and Amy. Mary and her family are so special. Mary put so much love and energy into our kids when they were younger. We just need to give back. Keep praying for all of them,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary(Ho)Neises. You have the best humor of anyone I know. That is suppose to be the best medicine. Can I give you a smile today? Remember our boat cruise down the river and you were pregnant at the time. No drinking involved and we were laughing so hard. How about the incredible train rides home. The message that they have to call a maintainer! Oh boy, then you knew it would be at least a couple of hours. No cell phones back in the day either. Sometimes the rides lasted for hours, but we made the best of them and laughed for hours. I miss our train rides and the laughs. My heart goes out to you Ron and the girls. You are all in our thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. With love, Barb & Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,
    Our family is praying for you and yours. You are a fighter, one of your many wonderful qualities. I'd love to stop and visit and even bring you a meal if you don't mind my cooking.

    All our love from our family and the Sward family too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom is truly enjoying the comments everyone is leaving her here and on the facebook group.

    thank you to you all :]
    i'll write a new blog by this weekend!

    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mar, tell me is there ANYTHING special you would like to eat? Is there just something that you haven't eaten lately that really really sounds good to you ANYTHING???? Heard you got a haircut.I know that feels good. I'll call tomorrow afternoon to see if you need anything. Think of something you want to eat. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary! Just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and your family. Stay strong and keep smiling! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greeting from Belgium, Louisette passion retriever, scrap digit,fotos land links blogLikasi congo+ melody in Thailanddaughter webmaster likasi, vertpomme Québec.
    http://blog.seniorennet.be/louisette/

    http://www.aufeminin.com/mon-espace/retriever6

    ReplyDelete